Lost Foods created the Lost Foods Native Plant Nursery at the Redwood Acres Fairgrounds in 2012, to provide a resource of diverse native plants for sale and donation for the public, government agencies, and land restoration projects. Adjacent to the native plant nursery is Lost Foods largest and most diverse Native Plant Sanctuary, also started in 2012. The Lost Foods Native Plant Sanctuary displays and preserves hundreds of native plant species and serves as a living seed bank of diverse native plants. The sanctuary also serves as an educational center for Lost Foods educational activities which include tours and lectures on the many benefits and importance of growing and using native plants for food, medicine and wildlife habitat.
Lost Foods also created and maintains two other Native Plant Sanctuaries; the Old Town Native Plant Garden, was started in 2009 and is located on the corner of 2nd and H Streets in Old Town Eureka. The second Native Plant Sanctuary was created in 2011 and is located at the Ryan House and Garden on the 1000 block of E and F Streets in Eureka.